Rinse is a simple tool which is designed to carry out the installation of a new RPM-based distribution.
Using rinse you can easily setup simple chroot() systems running different RPM-based distributions, such as Centos, Scientific Linux or openSUSE.
The purpose and usage are analogous to the 'debootstrap' utility familiar to users of Debian GNU/Linux. It was primarily designed to work with the xen-tools software, which creates new guest images for running inder the Xen hypervisor.
- You may download the current stable release from the following links:
- The git repository is at: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/rinse.git
- git clone git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/rinse.git
- This software is part of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and can be installed directly via the Debian repository.
- To install & use this software you'll need several dependencies:
- rpm, rpm2cpio To unpack the RPM packages.
- perl, wget
Copyright 2007-2010 Steve Kemp
Copyright 2011-2014 Thomas Lange
Rinse is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as Perl itself.
Rinse is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.